What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover or cap that is placed by your dentist to fully encase the entire visible portion of your tooth. Once cemented in place, your dental crown restores the shape, strength, size, and appearance of your tooth. Dental crowns are typically made from porcelain and can last for many years as long as you continue routine brushing, flossing, and dental visits.
Dental crowns can:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Cover and support a damaged or decayed tooth
- Cover a severely discolored tooth
- Restore a broken or severely worn tooth
- Act as an anchor for a dental bridge
- Work in conjunction with root canal therapy
Are you ready to make your smile your “crowning” glory? Then schedule your dental crown consultation at Family Dentistry of Boynton Beach today.