In addition to teaching and enforcing an effective at-home dental hygiene routine, these dental visits can make all the difference in the health of your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth for years to come.
When Should My Child Start Seeing a Dentist?
Your child should have their first dental appointment by their first birthday or within six months after their first tooth erupts. Going to the dentist this young helps detect the initial stages of tooth decay, which is a major problem for children of all ages. But that’s not all, regular cleanings and exams can help prevent gum disease and other oral health issues as well.
What Happens During My Child’s Dental Visit?
During each visit, our caring and skilled dental team will:
- Gently clean your child’s teeth and remove any plaque or tartar.
- Carefully examine their mouth and teeth for any potential issues.
- Teach you and your child how to properly brush and floss their teeth as they grow.
- Discuss dental hygiene habits and healthy food choices.
- Teach your child to be our partner in keeping their mouth and teeth healthy.
- Discuss treating your child’s teeth with fluoride and dental sealants.
Tooth decay has become the most common chronic childhood illness in the US. Without proper dental care, your child could face decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Instead, help them achieve a beautiful healthy smile for life by scheduling an appointment for your child with Family Dentistry of Boynton Beach today.